Sunday, November 13, 2016

New Elder Macias & Contacting

November 7, 2016
 
My son, Elder Macias arrived last Monday night, who is from Juarez City, Mexico. He speaks Spanish pretty well, so that wasn't a problem (Ha Ha Ha!) This new Elder is fantastic, he's 18, works hard, has a strong testimony, is really nice, and shares a lot of his things/food with us, and he just wants to do the right thing. 

He's awesome, and I've been able to see how he learns the most by example. One thing we can all do as members of the church, is set an example for others (Members, non-members, friends, family, etc). Its a way we can improve the world.

Here in Cortazar, for the past couple of weeks, we've have had some problems finding new investigators, and haven't had a lot of success. But this past week, we contacted a lot, and we're starting to find good new investigators that can progress well. It's been a good learning experience for me, to contact more. I can see how the Lord teaches me things in the perfect way, His way. And everything I do here on the mission, I can see how it applies and will help me in the future. I can also testify of fasting and prayer, but we all need to have faith first. All that's important is to study, ponder, and pray with real intent, and on the Lords time, we will receive answers.

Life is wonderful, and I hope y'all have a solid week!

P.S. - 2 hours ago I just bought a basketball and pump, so I can start getting back into that habit, haha!!!

Love,

Elder Russon








1 comment:

  1. Elder Macias sounds like a fantastic missionary, and I know you will do a great job training him!

    ReplyDelete