Tuesday, July 19, 2016

June 27, 2016
The Beginning of the Mission

(oops - I thought these next few letters had posted)

I wish I had more time to write emails! This past week was good. My new companion Elder Silva is from Peru, works hard, and is a good guy. I wish he would show more expression though, maybe be a little happier, haha. But I like my new area, its more tranquillo, peaceful, and the people are more friendly. 

This past week, I had a cool spiritual experience. We were in a lesson about the restoration. I shared vi una columna de luz with them memorized when Joseph saw God and Jesus Christ. And when I finished, I had to have my companion keep going because I teared up, and almost started crying, because the spirit was really strong. This definitely isn't the first time, probably happened like 6 times last week, its super awesome.

With my new companion, I'm teaching equivalently with him, in Spanish of course. Its great, my teaching and Spanish are both progressing really quickly! Were working hard, the time is moving quickly, almost three months now. Its my birthday this week, and well be having pizza and cake, playing futbol and bball that night, it'll be a great day, as is everyday! 

The mission is tough for me sometimes simply because I'm away from family. But I know we leave our families for a time so others can be with their families for eternity! 

Also, there is this big ice cream shop called polo Norte right next door to us, its super awesome! Super great ice cream, maybe better than in America. It costs 15 pesos for about a cup of ice cream, three scoops, haha! This is one of the pics, and the video is this morning when I washed my clothes by hand for the first time! 

As always, I hope y'all have a wonderful week! I pray for y'all every night!
  Elder Russon





























1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved watching the video of you washing your clothes in that bucket! Ha-Ha

    ReplyDelete