Tuesday, July 19, 2016

First Divisions this week!
July 18, 2016


Last Tuesday, we had our first interviews with our mission president. When I went in, he just wanted to hear about me, and who I am. It was a very spiritual experience to talk with him. I shared experiences about the gospel, and haha...cried, the spirit was so strong, it was great! He is a very cool guy, loves b-ball, and owns his own businesses, so were pretty identical, haha! 

   
Afterwards, I went on divisions to Celaya with Elder Navarette for three days. It was fantastic! I literally learned so much from him. He has 18 months on the mission, where my companion now, Silva, has 8. So he has much more experience. From him, I learned more of how to be a successful missionary. First, always have the spirit, second, be obedient (love the rules, and obey because you want to), and finally, BE HAPPY! Divisions were great, and also, this week flew by! 



















On Friday, when I came back to Cortazar, I opened my two packages that I received. I got a ton of candy and letters, literally the best thing ever. A BIG SHOUT OUT to all those who wrote me a letter, muchisimas gracias! It really means a lot, to know there's people supporting me out here. 
 
















Side note: Animals down here, nothing strange, the usual, and so far no snakes, so that's super great!!! And I don't have the chance to sing in a choir, just with other missionaries and in church.

 Also, my grandparents sent me a funny story, super funny. I loved it. If any of you guys know of funny stories, or anything, send them to me. Its great to just lay back a little and laugh, haha! I would appreciate it!

This week was good. Its actually really rough sometimes because of companions. Ive been thinking, if I had a companion where we always got along, nothing would be hard on the mission. We would do really well, about having the spirit, being obedient, and being happy! But its the really hard times when we grow. Its trials when we have the opportunity to learn something, and change our heart or life to become better, I believe 100 percent on that! the hardest thing with my companion right now is that he doesn't have much patience at all, and wow, ITS VERY DIFFICULT SOMETIMES. But its increasing my patience because of it. 

Anyways, have a great week everyone, until next Monday!!! Love and pray for y'all!!!
 

Chilie Relleno - Chilies stuffed with eggs and cheese!
















1 comment:

  1. That is so cool about you FINALLY getting packages from home. I hope you enjoyed everything in them!

    ReplyDelete