Monday, October 24, 2016

Baptism!!! Another New Member in the Church!

October 17, 2016
Last Thursday, I had the privilege to baptize Santiago, who is just a real Faithful guy. The water was cold, Because we couldn't get the boiler running, but we really didn't even think or notice so much of how cold the water was. But we couldn't believe how fast the ordinance was. We did it right the first time, without any repeats. I made sure to push him enough under the water. It was all great, every baptism just fills my soul with joy. 

You could really see that Santiago was happy, its been real awesome to know him, and watch his progress. After, we gave him a white shirt and tie that he wore to church on Sunday, hes really grateful for us. Something cool as well is that his son Carlos, wife, and 2 kids came to church yesterday for one hour, and they enjoyed it. I think they felt something different there. Santiago was really glad to see his son there, and hopefully we can start teaching them!

So we went to visit an investigator who is having some problems in his business. When we arrived, he saw me, and said, ''There's the man with the Eternal Smile''! We both smiled even more and began chatting with him. A smile really does go a long way.

Here in Cortazar, we're in need of new investigators. We tried an idea the bishop mentioned. To stand in front of the chapel, and invite people passing by to show them the chapel, baptismal font, and explain what we do there. He said they would even invite people to be baptized right then and there. So we tried it yesterday, but not many people were walking by, so I was only able to talk to one lady, but she wasn't interested. I think I actually frightened her by not gaining her trust in me first. Two strangers asking someone immediately to come inside to a building they've never entered takes a little trust, haha. But well probably try it again another day when there's more people passing by. 

Alrighty, so here's some photos! 
One is of Santiago and his baptism, another of the shirt and tie we gifted him, another of a speaker I bought for my USB to finally be able to listen to the latest general conference (including women's session!, haha), another of some fireworks they did here outside the house two nights in a row, and the last one about my planner that I've used this change, I put the two pictures as covers.

I'm still learning a ton of things, and the mission is great, because it's hard. But the time is flying, and I'm changing more than I can realize. This is the last week of the change, so transfers are this Sunday. Anyways, have a solid week this week!!!

Love,

Elder Russon

1 comment:

  1. I absolutley love this picture of you standing next to Santiago. This is the picture of sweet humility!

    ReplyDelete