Thursday, August 4, 2016

August 1, 2016
 
This past week has been good. Ya know, Mondays really roll around a lot faster than I expect, isn't it great! First off, I want to share two videos I saw this past week! The first is called Lift - about a ward who serves a fellow ward member and the struggles, its SUPER GOOD! The second is about SUICIDE, a different perspective and thoughts. Also, REALLY GOOD! Enjoy both of them, they're both from the church!



Also, something very important this past week is...another Baptism! Woo-hoo, this is my second! And that's great for how little time I have. I know another Elder who has 14 months, and only has 5 baptisms, but that's pretty low. The average here is probably about 18 per Elder for 2 years. Anyways, his name is Moises, 9 years old, and a funny, typical 9 year old. I confirmed the Holy Ghost to him yesterday in church.  (Pictures of Moises are in previous post)

Also, yesterday in church, I met a guy that is studying in BYU right now, hes just visiting his family here. I was able to chat with him in English for a while and take a picture with him, hes super cool. 

I have a question for y'all. As missionaries, we walk, and walk, and walk, and walk, and walk, and walk. So, do any of you know any great walking games to do? Whether with one person or my comp as well? Sometimes its rather boring to walk, haha, but I sure appreciate cars A LOT! Haha

Like my new hat?!? We can wear these to help with the heat while we're walking.
Today, I finally finished my training! Its 12 weeks of training in the mission, but I actually only had 11, because of weird timing of changes here. Anyways, I'm done, woohoo! Also, as the title says, changes are today. But my comp and I are staying here in Cortazar for another 6 weeks, it'll be good. Were actually hoping for 3 more baptisms! WooHoo!

Things are going well, the time is going fast, and I continue to learn a lot. This Saturday Ill have 4 months on the mission!!! WOOOOO-HOOOOOO! haha! Have a great upcoming week, until next Monday!
 
Love,
 
Elder Russon 
 

1 comment: