Monday, October 16, 2017

Being a Missionary

Last Monday night, we had the lesson with Angel, the reference from the member. We arrived and he seemed happy to be with us but nervous or unsteady. So we taught about repentance and the atonement. How it all comes to be part of God's Plan and the process of things. It really helped him. The spirit was strong and I started thinking on my own life. I was filled with happiness and joy to be able to be a full time missionary. To be able to bring happiness to my own brothers and sisters.

I also thought of my own past sins and mistakes I've made. But I see the huge change in my life because of the atonement of Jesus Christ. There is nothing better in life to be able to preach repentance with God's love, so people can change their lives and become so much happier.

As I pondered about it, I worried that I don't have much more time to be able to do this, to preach repentance and baptize converts. I know 5 months is a lot of time, but for misiĆ³n standards, it's almost nothing. But what really matters in life is that we serve others. They talked about that a lot in General Conference, Service. It's what really makes us happy. I know this is true, and that the purpose of life is for us to be happy so we can return to live with God Forever.

Love, 

Elder Russon




1 comment:

  1. What a blessing you were to Angel - in sharing the gospel with him!

    ReplyDelete